Wedding Planning has some of the most memorable moments of your life. Some of them hectic, but mostly more exciting than you could ever imagine. So here is some of the most important lessons learned and neat-o finds for all things wedding. This blog is for all those interested in my wedding (there has to be a few out there) and for those planning a wedding! Comment if you have any feedback or ideas in general. Enjoy :)

Monday, October 11, 2010

"No, you never talk to them. Yes, they have to come"




The guest list is probably the most important piece of advice I could ever give. This is gold people, PURE GOLD! Ready for it?...

Don't let your family dictate the guest list.

I know it's amazing I have to say this but I fell for it myself. I told my parents and my fiance's parents to look it over and our guest list went up by 75 people. I kept telling them that this means THEY will have to pay more but they all said it was necessary.

Think about it if each person costs $35 per person to feed than Im spending an extra $2,450. Thats not including alcohol, favors, the extra invitations, and time wasted at the wedding when you say "Hi" to every one of them.

So, save yourself the awkward "Hello. Thanks for coming to our wedding. Hope you have fun" while thinking "Did you even know I existed?". Don't be afraid to tell your parents that you dont want their friends on the guest list. In fact, if I could do it again, I'd tell my parents to specifically tell their friends "Im sorry I already told you that you were invited to my daughters wedding. She's being a B**** and only wants people who actually care about her and Philip to eat their food and drink their alcohol."

So if you want to tell your parents they are allowed to add whomever they want, enjoy asking every store you go to for the next year if you can pay them in gum because you'll be BROKE.

2 comments:

  1. Well you know I am one of those guest that really cares for you and Phil!!!
    I cant wait!
    Love the blog..and love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you do :) Love you too. I miss Landon!

    ReplyDelete