Wedding Planning has some of the most memorable moments of your life. Some of them hectic, but mostly more exciting than you could ever imagine. So here is some of the most important lessons learned and neat-o finds for all things wedding. This blog is for all those interested in my wedding (there has to be a few out there) and for those planning a wedding! Comment if you have any feedback or ideas in general. Enjoy :)

Monday, October 11, 2010

Banquet Halls = Devils Advocate


I read that these places are the most expensive spots to have a wedding. I checked it out and it's all true! They claim to be the better deal but really they have cheap decorations and charge the price of a new Toyota. It's ridiculous. Don't fall for it! I went to a couple places like this and was disappointed in how generic it looked anyways. However, I know that not all of them look like trash. Many are beautiful and big enough to accommodate the population of Africa, but you still end up paying more for them then any other places.

So what places should we look for? According to "How to Plan a Wedding Under $10,000" it's pretty much every OTHER option besides a banquet hall. Look for some of these that I have stumbled across...

- Country Clubs: They always have great food and a beautiful setting for pictures and though the price can be large. It's still more for the money. Another tip for country clubs...Look outside the main areas of the city. I looked at some in the areas outside of the downtown and memorial areas to find that prices were cheaper. MUCH cheaper.

- Beachside Hotels: I thought this was crazy but it's true. I contacted some historic hotels in Galveston and some could save you $5,000 plus.

- Church: So many beautiful churches in Houston have areas that can hold a wedding reception. Prices here are going to be the cheapest by far.

- Brookwood Community: I know this is a Houston place but it's a steal and a great cause. It took some looking outside the box to find this place but I'm obsessed! It's a community that houses and educates adults with special needs. They get their funds from donations and a Cafe that has a 4 star chef from NYC. The church is on the campus grounds but the cafe is just a football fields distance away. All the money you spend goes towards the communities needs. It's absolutely beautiful too!

There's lots of other options out there. I just can't think of the rest right now. I'll post them if I remember. It's all about thinking outside the box. Don't just look at what is being advertised!


Now lets take a moment of silence in remembrance of many families and brides credit scores, for they have suffered a major blow by these banquet halls wrath and fury. May they rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment