Wedding Planning has some of the most memorable moments of your life. Some of them hectic, but mostly more exciting than you could ever imagine. So here is some of the most important lessons learned and neat-o finds for all things wedding. This blog is for all those interested in my wedding (there has to be a few out there) and for those planning a wedding! Comment if you have any feedback or ideas in general. Enjoy :)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

For the Love of Cake



Every wedding cannot be complete without an ultra adorable and classy cake, right? It's tasty, and probably the most beautiful piece of edible art you've seen since the last wedding. Well considering its just cake, I figured it would be somewhat inexpensive compared to the rest of the wedding expenses.....SIKE!

I went to the Bridal Extravaganza last year and tried a wonderfully mouthwatering amaretto flavored cake with rasberry filling. A few months ago I called to ask about a price, she tells me in her sweet Italian accent "$5 per slice." After realizing that depending on the amount of guests) it would cost between $750 and $1,000, I nearly fainted and tried hard to resist laughing at her and hanging up. Oh wait, I actually did that. Woopsie daisy!

I then just started telling friends and family about cake and how its nearly the price of a solid gold brick and suddenly it happened! I got a phone number to a girl who does cakes from her home. She's a stay at home mom who has a Facebook page showcasing her work. She's done other weddings and doesn't cost near as much as a bakery. It's still a pretty penny but remember...it's edible art designed by me :) So when you see it, enjoy it and (if you have to lie) tell me its the most beautiful cake you've ever seen.

If you ever need her number/email, let me know! She's as sweet as can be and can make about anything you ask for!

No comments:

Post a Comment