Wedding Planning has some of the most memorable moments of your life. Some of them hectic, but mostly more exciting than you could ever imagine. So here is some of the most important lessons learned and neat-o finds for all things wedding. This blog is for all those interested in my wedding (there has to be a few out there) and for those planning a wedding! Comment if you have any feedback or ideas in general. Enjoy :)

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Invitations = Hell?


Why is it that getting invitations printed costs up to $600 for only 100 invitations without a response card? Is the ink made with holy water? Is the paper made from a real money tree? Or maybe it's the envelope made of steel? All I know it I care more about things happening AT the wedding than the invitations telling people about the wedding. I even thought going to Davids Bridal for invitations would help. Nope, its cheaper but still too much for a piece of paper with the date, time and place listed on it.

The greatest thing ever is found at Michael's craft store! They have a line of DIY invitations from BRIDES Magazine. I found mine there and I absolutely love them. They only took me a few days to put together and they look great! I saved at least $700 doing it this way. You get so much more for your money, you just have to have the patience to put it all together yourself. So whether your planning it now or later, get your lazy butt up and get crafty! It's oober fun and cheap!

No comments:

Post a Comment